– Naturally Sweden is famous for innovation, inventiveness, and trustworthiness Internationally, attributes that sell themselves in effect, says Jeremy Thompson, founder of Thompson Architecture Ltd and CEO of Plus Co Partners.
Starting up in 2004 to service Architectural & City Masterplanning projects in China and abroad, Jeremy Thompson works with combining Scandinavian holistic and sustainable solutions into project design, bringing the projects to Sweden.
In 2007 the company won a large-scale masterplan competition in Chongqing teaming up with Tengbom Architects in Stockholm.
– Highlights for me have been the China & MIPIM Awards for Sino Swedish Eco City Wuxi and Expo Shanghai 2010 pavilion interior. Subsequently and also together with Tengbom we carried out major projects in St Petersburg, UK, and Ireland, says Jeremy Thompson and continues:
– I have been working with China projects for over 24 years now from Villa design to Sustainable Urban Masterplanning projects.
Plus Co Partners was only created last year and is an Architectural & Engineering firm offering innovative Building Information Modelling solutions in Dubai.
– Most recently, with Niras Stockholm under the SME2GO flag, we have been selected to evaluate and complement a major City Masterplan in Weifang, Shandong Province PRC.
Baltic Smart City Exporting Tour to China
Jeremy Thompson has visited Weifang twice together with SME2GO’s Export Strategy expert Sandy Li Shenzhi during the past year and is now planning a third trip in March together with six other companies, running under the theme “Weifang Food Valley”.
– I have seen the potential not only in Masterplanning but also in related business for services and products. As a relatively small company, my experience working with SME2GO is that it can bring complementary leads and increase the offer from Europe, adding value to both the project and to new solutions, , says Jeremy Thompson.
In addition, Plus Co Partners is working on other initiatives for China together with Västerås Science Park:
– There’s potential in exporting much more Swedish design, products and services with these interesting initiatives.
The next step in the Food Valley project is “2018 Baltic Smart City Exporting Tour to China”, a SME2GO Scandinavian EU delegation visit to Stockholm-Beijing-Weifang-Rizhao. Lead by SME2GO’s Project Manager Petra Ärlsjö at Västerås Science Park and Mr Shenzhi, the intention of the visit is to facilitate SMEs from the Baltic Region to enter the Chinese market.
– I’m motivated by the fact that relevant businesses can participate and showcase and be demonstrated in the current planning proposals. This is a unique opportunity and foundation for SME future marketing initiatives in China and can only enrich the masterplan with real and sustainable business, service, and environmental solutions, Jeremy Thompson concludes.
SME2GO is a EU funded growth project running between 2016-2018 with the aim to increase exports of smart city solutions from the Central Baltic region to new and expanding markets. SME2GO focus on increasing the cooperation between growth-oriented SMEs with solutions for smart cities and multinational enterprises to create synergies, new cross-border business opportunities, and export.
Project participants are offered networking opportunities, international marketing and sales training, matchmaking, market intelligence, and customized support. The project is a unique opportunity for innovative and growth-oriented companies to create business in new and expanding markets.