November 4, 2016
Happy to introduce some of our most exciting companies. Get insights from Swedish, Finnish, and Estonian companies, speculating about the 2030 Smart City, the most interesting and emerging export markets, and the opportunities of accessing the unique SME2GO network. Full article here
Solidior Ltd. is a management services company, working as the spearhead in the forefront of the markets and leading change processes. Solidior guides, leads and manages the processes of its clients during their mission to become internationally recognized companies and assists the entrepreneurs, the Boards of directors, the CEO and the management teams in their decision making, risk assessment and in planning and conduction their international transactions.
The CEO of Solidior is based in Tampere, Finland. His name is Ari Virtanen, and this is why he’s engaged with the SME2GO project:
– The world population is moving into cities with an accelerating pace and not always with positive consequences. The overcrowded cities with slums and “favelas” do not represent what can be considered as human life in this millennium. The situation can be improved with relatively simple technological changes and innovations, yet with major political hindrances around the world. SME2GO represents a simple but efficient platform to influence partially in both factors, hence I reckon the program is rewarding and worth participating.
Who’s your dream partner for smart city exports in the nearest future?
– Any company who is seriously committed to the development of long lasting applications but if a sort of preference is needed, I would incline to health care applications related to pediatrics and first aid medical treatment in Smart Cities and secondly applications of location recognition related to safe moving in traffic or elsewhere in the urban surroundings. I know this is a wide definition of segments but they also evolve with time and whatever we start with, may be a different application once we get to the market.
Which export markets are you especially interested in?
– Latin America is in the spot lights of urbanization and development of the Smart City initiatives alleviates the consequences caused by urban migration. On the other hand, having lived in Latin America for almost seven years I feel the pace of living there, like the continent and the people there.
What’s a smart city to you?
– The definitions found in Google for a Smart City outnumbers many other definitions made of other actual phenomena but I would put it simply: factors and development directions, either human or technological, and including factors like sustainability, economic development and a high quality of life and enabling us to live longer and healthier on this planet, not to forget flora or fauna as well. Cities will dominate the planet in the future and therefore the issue is relevant.
What will a smart city look like in 2030?
– With the current pace of development in communication, technology, even that of political decision making, the city in 2030 will be totally different to what we predict today. I do not even dare predict.
SME2GO is a EU funded growth project running between 2016-2018 with the aim to increase exports of smart city solutions from the Central Baltic region to new and expanding markets. SME2GO focus on increasing the cooperation between growth-oriented SMEs with solutions for smart cities and multinational enterprises to create synergies, new cross-border business opportunities, and export.
Project participants are offered networking opportunities, international marketing and sales training, matchmaking, market intelligence, and customized support. The project is a unique opportunity for innovative and growth-oriented companies to create business in new and expanding markets.